* Tap the "Manual Setup" button.
* Choose IMAP from the protocol menu.
* Enter the necessary details (Receiving) and tap Next.* Enter the necessary details (Sending) and tap Next.
* Enter your name and tap "Finish Setup".
* To synchronise any other mail folders, tap the menu, choose Settings, then "Sync, Send & Receive", and then "Folders to sync".
=== Android 2.x ===
* Open mail application
press your phone's menu key* click "Add account"* fill in your address & password -e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org , ILovec4hic7kenpoop* scroll down, click "manual setup"* choose "Imap"* again, User name & password e.g. john.johnson & ILovec4hic7kenpoop* server should be "ystv.co.uk" * Port should be 993 * Security type should be "SSL accept all certificates" * Leave the "IMAP path prefix" blank* Cclick Next
Outgoing server settings...
SMTP server : See above * port 465 * security type : SSL Accept all certificates
* Require sign in should be checked
* In user name and password, put your UNIVERSITY username & password, e.g. jj264 & erlh3sf~#
* Set email check frequency to whatever pleases you
* Give the account a name...
* Click "Next".
* Make sure "IMAP" is selected at the top.
* Enter details for the incoming server
- "Host Name" (ystv.york.ac.uk) and your username (e.g. john.doe) under "Incoming Mail Server" - your password should already be entered.* Scroll down and enter details for the outgoing server - "Host Name" (see above) and your '''university''' username and password under "Outgoing Mail Server".
* Click "Next" - the details will be verified.
* If successful, uncheck "Notes" (iCloud does this for you), and click "Save".