HowTo Graphics Op
The Graphics Operator (or Op) is responsible for controlling the playout of on-screen graphics, such as lower thirds or bugs.
Studio Show Responsibilities
- Check GFXPC is set up to play into vision path
- Ensure all graphic files (assets) are available and display as intended on-screen.
- Ensure ATEM DSK is set up appropriately, and no parts (such as dark colours) of graphics are being accidentally keyed out.
- Ensure TallyControl is running.
- Trigger and remove graphics as instructed by the Director.
- Close all open software.
- Ensure all assets are in a suitable location for editing (if required)
Upon waking the computer, there should be the normal Windows desktop on the left hand monitor. Moving the cursor/window to the right hand side of the screen should cause it to appear on the right hand screen. If it does not, talk to the Technical Assistant.
TallyControl can be started by double-clicking the link on the desktop. This should load a window listing the ATEM's IP address and a couple of connect buttons. Clicking on both of the connect buttons will cause the buttons to become greyed out, and the tally block numbers illuminating as they are live on the ATEM.
GraphicsFader can be started by double-clicking the link on the desktop. This should load a window listing the ATEM's IP address and a connect button. Clicking the connect button will grey it out, and enable the big fade button. This window will stay on top of all other windows.
Powerpoint (if required) can be started by double-clicking the link on the desktop.
Assets should be stored within the Show Resources folder (normally mounted as R:\) in the current show's folder. If in doubt, ask the Producer or Director.
Close all open software, by closing all open windows.
Copy any assets used that are not in the correct folder in Show Resources to the correct folder.