The Windows Way
1. Log in to a YSTV Windows machine as yourself.
2. Open up notepad.
3. Enter your YSTV username, followed by additional email addresses to forward your mail to, with each on a new line, for example:
4. Do File->Save As...
5. Enter "H:\.forward" (including the quotes)
6. Save the file
The Linux Way
1. Open up an SSH session to the webserver (through Putty on Windows or a terminal on Linux/Mac), using something like ssh firstname.lastname@example.org or entering email@example.com in the Putty Host Name field.
2. Enter your password when prompted.
3. Type "nano .forward" (without the quotes) and hit enter.
4. Follow the instruction in step 3 above
5. Press Ctrl-X and then hit Y to save and exit.
6. Type exit to close the session.
A note for the Computing Team
Exim gets upset if the .forward file isn't owned by the user and they won't get any mail. This won't be a problem logged in as that user, however using sudo/as root it will be, so remember to chown! Permissions should be mininal, 600 will do it.